Social Services


Dickey County Social Services is committed to providing quality programs and services with dignity and respect that are directed by public statue or policy to vulnerable children, adults and families so that they may secure or maintain safety and self-sufficiency.


  • Child Protection Assessments and Case Management
  • Children's Special Health Services
  • Early Childhood Licensing (Day Care)
  • Child Care Assistance
  • Focused Casework Services
  • Foster Care Services (court ordered only)
  • Fuel Assistance - Low income Energy Assistance (LIHEAP)
  • General Assistance
  • Home and Community- based Services for the elderly
  • Family Home Care, Respite Care, Chores
  • Homemaker, Personal Care, Information and Referral
  • Parent Aide Program
  • Primetime and Crossroads Childcare
  • Safety Performance Services
  • Subsidized adoption and foster care (Court ordered only)
  • TANF-Temporary Assistance for Needy Families
  • Medicaid
  • Food Stamps
  • Basic Care Assistance
  • Economic Assistance


There is an income and asset test for income maintenance programs and for some Social Service Programs


Must be a resident of Dickey County

Referral Process

If you would like to make a referral, call Dickey County Social Services.

Phone: (701) 349-3271
Fax: (701) 349-3277

Dickey County Social Services
205 15th Street N. ⁄ P.O. Box 279
Ellendale, ND 58436

Copyright © 2007 - 2019 Dickey County and it's licensors.

we accept visa, mastercard, discover, american express

Dickey County does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender expression/identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, public assistance status, sex, sexual orientation, status as a U.S. veteran, race or religion, Direct inquires to the Auditor's Office, PO Box 215, Ellendale ND 58436, (701) 349-3249, extension 3.