Welcome to the Tax Equalization Dept
It is the duty of the Tax Equalization Department to ensure uniform assessment of all real property in Dickey County, oversee all activities of the Office of Tax Equalization, and to provide guidance and information to government officials, assessors, and the general public.
Basic Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
- Enter taxpayer and property ownership information in computer.
- Keep property field cards updated - ongoing research.
- Process Homestead Credit forms - assist applicants if needed.
- Prepare Homestead Credit recap for State Tax Dept.
- Keep track of and monitor new business and real estate exemptions.
- Prepare and monitor farm residence exemption forms.
- Work with inundated land applications.
- Assist with abatements if necessary.
- Prepare for and conduct annual assessor seminar.
- Review returned assessor assessment books - make assessor changes in computer.
- Prepare supplementary abstract for State Tax Dept.
- Prepare other abstracts required by various State agencies.
- Prepare annual report for the commissioners at the County Board of Equalization.
- Attend State Board of Equalization in Bismarck.
- Complete BX forms from Recorder´s office on sales during the year to submit to the State Tax Dept. - record and analyze all sales of real property in the county for the sales ratio study.
- Keep track of mobile home activity in the county.
- Conduct mobile home inspection annually.
- Calculate mobile home tax and prepare applications with accompanying letter.
- Prepare mobile home abstract for State Tax Dept.
- Send quarterly reports and annual letter to mobile home park owners.
- Work with commissioners and provide information as requested.
- Stay abreast of changes in legislation and new regulations through continuing education and professional meetings.
- Be courteous and helpful to the general public. Provide assistance and information.
- Personally by phone and in office.
- Through a newspaper column.
- Meet with groups who express an interest.
Tax Equalization Contact Info:
Phone: (701) 349-3249 ext. 7
Dickey County Courthouse
309 North 2nd Street
P.O. Box 393
Ellendale, ND 58436