Board of Health
Dickey County Health District's Board of Health oversees the operations of the health department. The board's responsibilities include:
- Investigating nuisances, source of filth and causes of sickness, and establishing regulations to prevent them.
- Adopting quarantine and sanitary measures when infections or contagious disease exist in Dickey County.
- Maintaining required records and reports for the Department of Health.
- Preparing a budget for Dickey County Health District which is submitted to county commissioners for approval.
Core Essential Services:
- Prevent epidemic and the spread of disease.
- Protect against environmental hazards.
- Prevent injuries.
- Promote and encourage healthy behaviors.
- Respond to disasters and assist communities in recovery.
- Assure the quality and accessibility to health services.
Board of Health Members:
Dr. Tara Mertz-Hack , Health Officer
Marke Roberts, Chairman
Jim Billey, Vice Chair